Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Housenick Park, Green Pond, and the St. Luke's Pond ~ August 28, 2024

My early morning walk at Housenick Park was very quiet on this hot and humid day. I didn't see one notable migrant. The highlight of the day was finding 2 Merlins. One was being harassed by Blue Jays.

The other bird was found picking apart what appeared to be an unfortunate Tree Swallow.

I then stopped at Green Pond. A Green Heron and a Great Egret were at the pond.
Across the road, the retention pond along Farmersville Road held five more Green Herons, another Great Egret, 2 Spotted Sandpipers, 2 Eastern Kingbirds, and a Chipping Sparrow.

From there, I made my last stop at the retention pond behind the St. Luke's Anderson Campus where I found the continuing Great Egret.

No comments:

Post a Comment