Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Chilling on the Back Porch With a Hummingbird ~ August 7, 2024

I've been going out and spending some time getting more familiar with my new camera and lens. I recently replaced my seven-year-old Nikon D7200 with a Nikon D850. It has over twice the amount of megapixels that my old camera had, shoots more frames per second, and has many more features on it. My old lens, a Nikkor 300mm lens connected to a 1.4x teleconverter, was replaced by a Nikkor 500mm lens, which is surprisingly the same length and almost the same weight as my old combination, plus it has the vibration reduction feature that my old lens didn't.

A male Ruby-throated Hummingbird had been regularly visting my feeders, so I decided to sit on the back porch and see what photos I could get with this new combination. I was pretty happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment