Sunday, May 16, 2021

Jacobsburg, Upper and Lower Nazareth Townships, and Green Pond ~ May 16, 2021

I began the day at Jacobsburg where Pileated Woodpecker, Swainson's Thrush, Scarlet Tanager, Indigo Bunting, and 11 species of warblers that included Blue-winged, Nashville, and Magnolia were among the 53 total species. I ran into Adam Miller partway through the walk, and we birded the rest of the route together.



My next stop was at the top of West High Street, just west of Nazareth where a Bobolink briefly flew out of the tall grass among 22 Barn Swallows. From there, I checked out the West Gremar Road retention pond and found a Semipalmated Plover among 2 Killdeer, 16 Least Sandpipers, and a Solitary Sandpiper.

I made one last stop at Green Pond on the way home where two Great Egrets were preening away at the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment