Saturday, May 22, 2021

Bear Swamp and the backyard ~ May 22, 2021

I checked out Bear Swamp hoping to find some thrushes but, instead, was lucky to happen upon a nesting box with a young Barred Owl in it under the watchful eyes of one of the parents. As soon as I got over the surprise of what I was seeing, I took a quick, two-second burst of photos of the owlet and then slowly backed off from it. I then carefully looked around the canopy and, as expected, found myself to be under surveillance. I took a few photos of the adult and then headed back out of the area.



It seems that I get to see only a small percentage of all the Blackpoll Warblers that I hear. Back home in the late afternoon after hearing one calling in the neighbor's spruces for a pretty long time, I finally got to see it and got a poor photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment