Monday, February 26, 2024

The Southern Section of Northampton County ~ February 26, 2024

A walk around the Woodland Hills Preserve produced 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets among 22 species.

I stopped at the Koch property to see if the "Oregon" Junco would show, but it didn't. However, a Yellow-rumped Warbler and one of the American Tree Sparrows did make an appearance.
My plan was to bird the Melchor Tract Park near sunset to hopefully find American Woodcock. As I walked out the path along the woods edge, I found 3 Fox Sparrows with a couple White-throateds. I was happily surprised how well the photos turned out considering it was now after sunset.


A little later, I heard the "peenting" of an American Woodcock, but by then it was pretty dark. That was soon followed up by the trill of an Eastern Screech-Owl that was coming from some evergreens just on the other side of the treeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment