It's getting late for a Connecticut Warbler, but I tried again this morning at Little Gap. It was still cool and cloudy as the nor'easter hadn't moved away far enough. I had no luck with the Connecticut, but I did see 5 Sharp-shinned Hawks, an adult Bald Eagle, 2 Northern Flickers, an Eastern Phoebe, 2 Red-eyed Vireos and a Blue-headed Vireo, 3 Common Ravens, 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, a Brown Creeper, a Northern House Wren, 5 Ovenbirds, a Scarlet Tanager, and warblers that included 3 Northern Parulas, 3 Cape Mays, a Black-throated Blue, and a Black-throated Green Warbler.
Heading back home, I checked out the Regency Boulevard retention ponds, which held 2 Green-winged Teal, a Wood Duck, a Pied-billed Grebe, around 25 Tree Swallows and 8 Northern Rough-winged Swallows, and around 20 American Goldfinches.
The Trio Farms Boulevard retention ponds held a Double-crested Cormorant, a Pied-billed Grebe, and a Great Blue Heron among the Canada Geese and Mallards.
Over at Green Pond, I found a Great Blue Heron, 2 Northern Flickers, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, a male and a female American Kestrel, an Eastern Phoebe, 11 Blue Jays, 21 Northern Rough-winged Swallows, 2 Eastern Bluebirds, 9 Cedar Waxwings, a Yellow-rumped Warbler, and a Black-throated Green Warbler.
I also saw a Rock Pigeon that had a green band on its left leg.
The last stop was at the Newburg Road retention pond where one Greater Yellowlegs remained along with 3 Tree Swallows.
The grassy field between the pond and the hospital held 21 Killdeer and 16 Horned Larks.
No comments:
Post a Comment