I got special permission to do a follow-up visit to look for breeding birds in the Hollo Road pines area. I found 26 species during my walk, several of them young birds like this Gray Catbird.
I made a quick stop at the Nazareth Quarry and found an immature Double-crested Cormorant there along with a Northern Yellow Warbler in the adjacent brush.
Over at Green Pond were 12 continuing Snow Geese, a Spotted Sandpiper, 3 Green Herons, a recently-fledged Northern House Wren, and 7 American Goldfinches.
I checked the two Trio Farms Boulevard retention ponds and found 5 Chimney Swifts, 2 Killdeer, 3 Green Herons, 2 Great Blue Herons, an Osprey hunting over the one pond, a 'fly-by' Bald Eagle, 2 Eastern Kingbirds, and 4 Barn Swallows.
The Newburg Road retention pond area held a good count of 16 Killdeer, a Spotted Sandpiper, 9 Barn Swallows, 2 Eastern Bluebirds, and an American Goldfinch.
No comments:
Post a Comment