I was on my way up to my mom's house to mow her yard when I noticed a Great Egret underneath the Bushkill Park bridge. I parked and got this photo of it.
Also there were several Wood Ducks and a Great Blue Heron.
After mowing, I stopped at the Tatamy Exit retention pond. The pond, which is getting filled by long-stemmed grass, held 2 Solitary Sandpipers.
In the long trench that parallels the south side of the pond, I found 2 Killdeer, 6 Least Sandpipers, and a Spotted Sandpiper.
The Hollo Road retention pond held a Great Blue Heron, and the Newburg Road retention pond held 7 Killdeer and another Great Blue Heron.
My last stop at Green Pond produced the 11 continuing Snow Geese, 6 Chimney Swifts, 2 Spotted Sandpipers, 2 Least Sandpipers, 2 Great Blue Herons, a Green Heron, 3 Eastern Kingbirds, 5 Tree Swallows, 3 Barn Swallows, 2 Northern Rough-winged Swallows, and 2 Northern House Wrens.
No comments:
Post a Comment