Thursday, January 11, 2024

Ballas Park ~ January 11, 2024

I decided to go to Ballas Park late this afternoon and walk the trail loop. On the way up there, I stopped to check out the ponds at Albert Road beforehand. A Common Merganser and the expected Ring-necked Ducks were the only interesting birds found there.

I drove the short distance over to Ballas Park. Right after I got out of the car, a young Northern Harrier flew fairly close by over the field.

It was mostly quiet along the trail with the exception of some White-throated and Song Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos. I was almost all the way back around to the parking lot when I noticed a sparrow in a tree and a few more in the brush underneath. They turned out to be American Tree Sparrows. I got some pretty good photos of one of the seven that I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment