Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A Tour of Northampton County ~ January 10, 2024

With the passing of the huge storm yesterday, I wanted to get out and check the area for any coastal birds that may have been blown inland. My first stop was the Nazareth Quarry. There, I found 82 Ring-billed Gulls, 24 Ruddy Ducks, 13 Buffleheads, 12 American Coots, and 2 American Black Ducks among around 6000 Snow Geese. At the Hollo Road pond, a Cackling Goose was in among the Canadas.

I then drove to the Martins Creek PPL power plant area. There, I found 17 Buffleheads, 3 Ruddy Ducks, 2 Gadwall, a Cooper's Hawk, 30 American Robins, 4 Purple Finches, and 3 Yellow-rumped Warblers.

From there, I headed for Echo Lake. Along the way, I checked the Cedar Road ponds in Washington Township, which held 2 Mute Swans in the pond and 6 Eastern Bluebirds next to the road.

Echo Lake had a nice selection of birds that included 16 Mute Swans, 88 Ring-necked Ducks, 17 American Wigeon, 5 Gadwall, 4 Buffleheads, 2 American Black Ducks, a Ruddy Duck, and 3 Ring-billed Gulls among Mallards and Canada Geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment