Sunday, August 13, 2023

Before and After Dinner ~ August 13, 2023

Before going to dinner at my mom's, I stopped at the Hollo Road pond and found 4 Lesser Yellowlegs, a group of swallows that included 8 Banks, 6 Barn, and 5 Tree Swallows, and a Chimney Swift.

At the Newburg Road retention pond, the Great Egret was present again along with a Great Blue Heron.
The field next to the pond held a good total of 32 Killdeer and two Horned Larks.
The Snow Goose continued to be present at Bushkill Park.

After dinner, I drove back by the Hollo Road pond. The 4 Lesser Yellowlegs was joined by a Great Blue Heron.

My last stop was at Green Pond. There was a large group of swallows there. Like before, many were perched on the wires by the pond. I counted 96 Northern Rough-winged Swallows, 22 Barn Swallows, and 11 Tree Swallows. The retention pond along Farmersville Road held 5 Green Herons. I got a photo of the three that were fairly close together.
A Great Blue Heron was perched in the treeline.
I counted 53 Mourning Doves on the fence and ground around the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment