Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Regency Ponds, West Gremar Road Pond, and Green Pond ~ September 13, 2022

My first stop in the morning was birding along the woods at the Regency Boulevard retention ponds. Although it was very quiet birdwise, I did manage to find an Eastern Wood-Pewee, a Black-and-white Warbler, a Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and this very cooperative Black-throated Blue Warbler.

Across the street in the north pond was the Hooded Merganser that's been sporadically visiting in addition to the Pied-billed Grebe.
The south pond held four Green-winged Teal, a Blue-winged Teal, and two Green Herons.

I left there and drove over to the West Gremar Road pond. The Snow Goose continued there with the Canada Geese and the adjacent field held 23 Horned Larks.

My final stop was at Green Pond. I walked along the boggy area at the intersection and was surprised to find a Canada Warbler in the brush. I only had the chance to get one photo but, unfortunately, it was out of focus. A Great Egret was in the retention pond along Green Pond Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment