Saturday, September 17, 2022

More Migrants at Regency Ponds and Green Pond ~ September 17, 2022

This morning's check of the woods at the Regency Boulevard retention ponds began with my first Lincoln's Sparrow of Fall. Unfortunately, it flew off right before I got the camera on it. Soon after, I heard some croaking and spotted a Common Raven that was later chased by three American Crows.

There was a fairly good movement of warblers that included Northern Parula, Nashville, Cape May, Bay-breasted, Blackpoll, Black-throated Green, Magnolia, and American Redstart.

Over at the the north pond, I saw the Hooded Merganser, three Blue-winged Teal, a Green-winged Teal, and the continuing Pied-billed Grebe.
I also saw my first Palm Warblers of the season along the edge of the pond.

A Lesser Yellowlegs and a Great Blue Heron were present in the south pond.

With a total of 46 species, I left Regency and stopped at Green Pond. In the small boggy, woody patch at the intersection, I found a Scarlet Tanager and a Magnolia Warbler. A Bay-breasted Warbler was in the woods edge by the golf course, a lone Barn Swallow was perched on a wire, and the Great Egret was once again in the retention pond along Green Pond Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment