Thursday, October 24, 2024

Western Kingbird and Black-crowned Night Heron Continue ~ October 24, 2024

In the late afternoon, I stopped at Green Pond to see if the Western Kingbird and the Black-crowned Night Heron were still there. I walked over to the retention pond along Farmersville Road. I searched the fence surrounding the pond and fairly quickly found the Western Kingbird. It was actively and succesfully flycatching from there and the posts along the back edge of the overgrown flooded field area. I kept at a distance from it and grabbed some photos. At one point, it actually flew towards me and landed nearby, allowing me to get my best photos of it.

Three Green-winged Teal and an American Black Duck were in the pond. Over at Green Pond, the Black-crowned Night Heron was preening in its favorite tree in the northeast corner of the pond.

In that same corner were 6 Yellow-rumped Warblers, Cedar Waxwings, and White-throated Sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment