Tuesday, October 22, 2024

A Check on the Western Kingbird and Black-crowned Night Heron ~ October 22, 2024

Around noon, I went to Green Pond to check for the Western Kingbird and the Black-crowned Night Heron. As I pulled up, Joe Yuhas was there. We walked over towards the retention pond along Farmersville Road and I pretty quickly refound the Western Kingbird perched on the fence along the pond. While there, I took a couple more photos of it.

The retention pond held 3 Green-winged Teal and an American Black Duck. A walk along the back of the overgrown flooded field area that has been dry for months produced Savannah Sparrow, Palm Warbler, and an Eastern Meadowlark. I took two flight photos of the Meadowlark, but the autofocus picked out the background instead of the bird.

The Black-crowned Night Heron was found preening in its favorite tree in the northeast corner of Green Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment