Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Little Gap and the Area Ponds ~ September 10, 2024

I started my walk at Little Gap just after sunrise. I was hoping for another good morning of migrants, but it was pretty slow, plus there already was a pretty good wind blowing when I got there. When I got to the area of the hawkwatch, I found a Philadelphia Vireo.

At the top of the mountain, the only two warblers I saw were a Magnolia Warbler and a Black-throated Blue Warbler. I slowly walked back down to the car. The only additional warblers I saw were a Black-and-white, a Chestnut-sided, and a few Ovenbirds.

I left there and drove to the Regency Boulevard ponds where I found a Northern Shoveler, 3 Green-winged Teal, 3 Wood Ducks, and a Great Blue Heron.

Over at the Newburg Park pond, another Northern Shoveler and 2 Pectoral Sandpipers were present.

At the Hollo Road retention pond, there were 2 Blue-winged Teal, 4 Green-winged Teal, and one Least Sandpiper.
The 'east' Northwood Avenue retention pond held the continuing Great Egret, a Great Blue Heron, a Wood Duck, and an Eastern Phoebe.

The grass field by the Newburg Road retention pond held 17 Killdeer while a Red-tailed Hawk circled overhead.
Back home, I saw an Eastern Phoebe at my pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment