Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Two Glossy Ibis at Christian Springs Road! ~ May 1, 2024

I went to Housenick Park this morning to look for migrants. A Nashville Warbler was at the top of one of the oaks with a Yellow-rumped Warbler.
A Scarlet Tanager was heard but never seen in the same area. Two Black-and-white Warblers were spotted along with a Great Crested Flycatcher.
An adult Bald Eagle was seen flying back and forth over the area, leading me to wonder if there's a nest nearby.

Two Wood Ducks were seen along the creek. Also along the creek, one of the three Baltimore Orioles there allowed me to get a photo of it.
An Orchard Oriole was singing, not surprisingly, in the orchard section of the park.

As I was walking back towards the car, I got a text from Adam Miller stating that there were two Glossy Ibis at the Christian Springs Road pond. I got there in about 15 minutes and saw the birds feeding along the edge of the pond. I used the car as a blind and got some nice photos of them when they eventually worked their way closer.

I hadn't been to the Regency Boulevard ponds in a while, so I headed over there. Six Buffleheads, a Hooded Merganser, a Ring-necked Duck, and 2 Killdeer were in the ponds.
Along the woods edge, I saw 2 Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Palm Warbler, and a Common Yellowthroat.

No comments:

Post a Comment