Friday, October 20, 2023

Vesper Sparrows at the Newburg Road Ponds ~ October 20, 2023

A check of the Nazareth Quarry revealed 34 Ruddy Ducks, 22 Ring-necked Ducks, an American Black Duck, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and 8 White-throated Sparrows.

The Hollo Road retention pond held 12 Green-winged Teal and 4 White-throated Sparrows.

I took a walk around the Newburg Road ponds area. In the grassy field on the west side of Wellness Way, I came across 2 Vesper Sparrows among the 15 Savannah and 10 Song Sparrows. Thankfully, they perched in the shorter grass along the walking path long enough for me to get a few photos of them.

A group of 16 Killdeer were in the field west of the main parking area in front of the hospital.

I walked the walking path east of the fenced-in pond and found 11 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 2 Palm Warblers, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and 3 White-throated Sparrows.
Over at Green Pond, I saw a Great Blue Heron and 3 American Black Ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment