Friday, May 5, 2023

A Good Shorebird Showing at Steuben Road and Regency Ponds ~ May 5, 2023

While golfing in Bethlehem this morning, I heard and then saw my first Baltimore Oriole of the year. After golfing, I headed up to the Regency Boulevard ponds. I walked the edge of the woods to see what I could find. I saw Gray Catbird, White-throated Sparrow, Common Yellowthroat, and Wood Thrush.

Two Bald Eagles flew by as I walked over to the north pond. There were a good number of shorebirds that included 6 Greater and 22 Lesser Yellowlegs, 6 Killdeer, 4 Spotted, 2 Solitary, and 8 Least Sandpipers, plus one Semipalmated Sandpiper.

Chimney Swift, Barn, Tree, and Northern Rough-winged Swallows, and Chipping Sparrow were also present.

I took the fairly short drive down Steuben Road and stopped at the flooded field by the Monocacy Creek. The Glossy Ibis were gone, but two of the White-rumped Sandpipers were still there. Unfortunately, they were all the way at the back of the area, so poor documentation photos were all that could be obtained.
I stopped at Green Pond and found two Double-crested Cormorants there with a Great Blue Heron.

No comments:

Post a Comment