Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Jacobsburg, Moore Township, and Green Pond ~ May 11, 2022

I took a walk along the Sober's Run Loop Trail in Jacobsburg State Park in the morning. Partway through the walk, I ran into Adam Miller and Guy de Bruyn and the three of us continued on. Among the 40 species were Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Green Heron, Bald Eagle, Belted Kingfisher, Great Crested Flycatcher, Wood Thrush, and 10 species of warblers that included Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Blue, and a Wilson's Warbler that Adam spotted but stayed hidden, eliminating the chance for a photo.

My next stop was along East Best Road in Moore Township where I was able to get some distant photos of a Red-headed Woodpecker.

From there, I drove down Schlegel Road where I heard Vesper Sparrow and saw four Horned Larks.

I also found a couple Horned Larks at the nearby Graver's Hill area.
On the way back home, I stopped at Green Pond and found the continuing Bufflehead and got a nice photo of one of the Spotted Sandpipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment