Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Five Iceland Gulls at the Nazareth Quarry! ~ December 1, 2021

Once again, I made a late afternoon stop at the Nazareth Quarry. As I got there, a large group of gulls started circling down into the quarry among the thousands of Snow Geese. I had just picked out one adult Iceland Gull among good numbers of Lesser Black-backed and Herring Gulls when Adam Miller showed up. Between the two of us, we were able to find a total of FIVE Iceland Gulls! The adult that I found showed dark gray bars on the primaries and the adult Adam found had very faint (almost non-existent) markings there. There were also THREE first-winter birds found in the same general grouping. I was only able to get a documentation photo of one of the two adults through the trees and brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment