Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Greater Yellowlegs still at Newburg Road pond ~ November 2, 2021

When I stopped at the Newburg Road retention pond, I found that the pumps were still running and that most of the water had been removed from it. A worker there told me that they have to drain the pond in order to clean out a screen in it. What that means for future water levels remains to be seen. I scanned the edge and found one Greater Yellowlegs and 5 Killdeer. It's getting very late for the Yellowlegs and, with the colder weather asserting itself this week, I doubt it will stick around much longer. I also spotted an American Pipit, which only allowed me to get a poor photo of before it flew off.
The small, brushy area with a few trees on the northeast corner of the pond produced 4 Eastern Bluebirds, 3 Yellow-rumped Warblers, and two Golden-crowned Kinglets. One of them flitted around right in front of me about a foot off the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment