Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Regency Boulevard Waterfowl ~ November 15, 2022

Since I hadn't checked the Regency Boulevard ponds in a few days, I decided to see what waterfowl might be there. Men were working along the fence on the east side of the pond, so the birds were often moving to the far side of the pond and even from pond to pond. The north pond was over half-empty when I arrived except for the numbers of Canada Geese that were huddled in one section. I scanned through them and found three Cackling Geese swimming together.
The birds in the south pond were also being moved around by the workers' activities. I set up my scope and spotted a transitioning male Gadwall, a new site bird for me. It had flown away from the workers and luckily landed in the pond very close to me. It was very skittish and quickly flew to the far corner of the pond after realizing I was there, but it stayed long enough for me to get these photos of it.

A Green-winged Teal and two Great Blue Herons were also present in the pond among a couple hundred Canada Geese.

The cove of the north pond continued to hold the two Northern Shovelers, the Ring-necked Duck, and two Killdeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment