Monday, November 7, 2022

Mountain Bluebird in Northampton County --- Day 3 ~ November 7, 2022

A few birders were checking out the Mountain Bluebird when I got there. It was actively feeding in the grass and then often returning to perch on one of the gray wooden stakes supporting the planted trees. Because the bird closely matches the color of those wood stakes, it blends in well, appearing to be just a longer extension of them. This morning, it was spending most of its time along Wellness Way between LVHN Drive and the pond. At one point, it perched on the sewer line cover plate that held water from yesterday's rain and took a drink.
I wish I had reacted just a bit faster on this photo, but the bird got just out of frame before I took it, which was a shame since it's pretty well in focus. I included it hear to show the electric blue coloration of the feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment