Sunday, November 6, 2022

Mountain Bluebird Continues plus an Orange-crowned Warbler! ~ November 6, 2022

The Mountain Bluebird continued on Sunday between the Newburg Road retention pond and the Lehigh Valley Hospital. It spent a good amount of time in the vicinity of the intersection of LVHN Drive and Wellness Way.

I was telling Adam Miller about the productive area along the walking path east of the pond and that I was going to take a walk over there. He decided to go along with me. As we were checking the area, I spotted a warbler that turned out to be an Orange-crowned Warbler! I managed to get some pretty good photos of it as it flitted along the edge of the brush.

I headed over to the Regency Boulevard ponds. The cove of the north pond held a Ring-necked Duck and a Green-winged Teal.

Two Ruddy Ducks and an American Coot were also present there.

I drove over to the Hollo Road retention pond to see the Dunlin that Mike Schall found there earlier in the day. It was still there along with 33 Green-winged Teal and a male Northern Shoveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment