Thursday, November 17, 2022

A Quick Run Around Northampton County ~ November 17, 2022

In the early afternoon, I stopped at Green Pond. The most interesting birds were a Great Blue Heron and a Red-tailed Hawk perched atop a pole along the road.

The next stop was at the Regency Boulevard ponds where I found another Great Blue Heron, 3 Ruddy Ducks, 2 Snow Geese, and 3 Cackling Geese among the Canadas. I got a pretty nice comparison photo of the smaller Cackling Goose behind a Canada Goose. Note the shorter neck and the square-shaped head with the vertical forehead above the short, stubby bill. This bird also has the thin, white line separating the light-colored breast and the base of the dark neck.
Just up the road, the Silver Crest Road retention pond held yet another Great Blue Heron, 9 Ruddy Ducks, 5 Common Mergansers, and 2 Hooded Mergansers.

I headed up Route 512 and weaved my way to the Albert Road ponds south of Wind Gap. There, about a hundred Ring-necked Ducks and one immature Snow Goose were with a couple hundred Canada Geese.

My last stop was at the Hollo Road retention pond, which held a Bufflehead and 9 Green-winged Teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment