Saturday, September 14, 2024

A Repeat of Yesterday ~ September 14, 2024

Once again, I birded Jacobsburg State Park. At the bend in the creek across the road from the visitor center, I came across a pocket of birds comprised of Red-eyed Vireo plus warblers that included Tennessee, Black-and-white, Northern Parula, and American Redstart.

There were at least 50 Cedar Waxwings feeding on the hill behind the visitor center.

A Brown Thrasher was also there perched on a snag.
At the field area atop the hill, I spotted a Philadelphia Vireo in a tree with a Blackburnian Warbler and a Magnolia Warbler.

A Pileated Woodpecker was the only notable bird seen on the last half of the loop.

On the way back home, I stopped at the Hollo Road retention pond and saw 2 Blue-winged Teal, 4 Green-winged Teal, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, a Lesser Yellowlegs, and 6 Least Sandpipers. A Common Yellowthroat and a Yellow Warbler were seen at the adjacent Shoeneck Creek.

As I was about to leave, I noticed a Cooper's Hawk circling overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment