Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Along the Lehigh River and Green Pond ~ April 24, 2024

I started off today's birding at the Wilson Avenue area of the D&L Trail, also newly known as Nagy's Landing. The only notable bird there was a Warbling Vireo. My new lens came yesterday, so I was trying it out whenever I could, taking photos of any cooperative birds. Here are some photos that I took there.
From there, I went to the Route 33 Boat Launch area and walked those paths. A Pileated Woodpecker worked over a decaying log.

I spotted my first Baltimore Oriole of the year right along the river.

A raptor circling over the river turned out to be an adult Peregrine Falcon!

A Common Merganser winged its way downriver at the boat launch.
A Tufted Titmouse was another cooperative subject to practice on with the new lens.

Other notables seen there included Wood Duck, Osprey, and Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.

The area around the Bethlehem Boat Club produced a Green Heron and an immature Bald Eagle.
Over at Green Pond, the flooded field area held 2 Pectoral Sandpipers, 3 Solitary Sandpipers, 2 Spotted Sandpipers, and 5 Killdeer among 13 Lesser Yellowlegs.

A Great Blue Heron, a Cooper's Hawk, and a Yellow-rumped Warbler were also found at Green Pond.

1 comment: