Sunday, December 11, 2022

Very Bright Spots on a Dreary Day ~ December 11, 2022

I awoke to find my feeders really active with birds. While checking all the birds flying around the feeders, I noticed a large, colorful sparrow kicking on the ground and quickly realized that it was a Fox Sparrow. I very slowly opened the window and got these photos of it.

A little before noon, I decided to go check the Nazareth Quarry, but right before I got there, I got a text from Mike Schall that he had found two Greater White-fronted Geese at the Regency Boulevard ponds! I quickly changed course and headed over there. I got there around noon, checked the north pond, and soon after found both birds among the numbers of Canada Geese. It was my 125th species at the Regency Boulevard site.

On the way home, I noticed hundreds of Snow Geese overhead and pulled off Steuben Road where it crosses the Monocacy Creek. The marshy area along the creek held 61 Mallards and the adjacent fields held several hundred Snow Geese and a couple hundred Canadas.

The Green Pond area contained around 1200 Canada Geese but nothing else notable.

No comments:

Post a Comment