Friday, July 22, 2022

Regency Boulevard Ponds and Green Pond ~ July 22, 2022

Before going over to my daughter's house, I stopped at the Regency Boulevard retention ponds. As expected, shorebirds are beginning to show up on their way back south from the Arctic. Early this morning, I spotted 6 Pectoral Sandpipers, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, and 6 Least Sandpipers in addition to the obvious Killdeer and several Spotted Sandpipers that have been there all summer. I got photos of a few of the Pectorals, the yellowlegs, and three of the Least Sandpipers.

The Pied-billed Grebe was fairly close but entirely backlit. The Ruddy Duck was sleeping on the far shore when I got there, but it eventually woke up and swam across the north pond.
The female Blue-winged Teal was there, too, but she was on the far shore, way too far for a worthwhile photo.
The Hooded Merganser continued in the south pond.

After stopping at my daughter's, I drove by Green Pond. The flooded field area has been dry for a while now, so it was devoid of any activity, but the retention pond along Green Pond Road held two Great Egrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment