Sunday, August 8, 2021

Wilson's Phalarope at Green Pond ~ August 8, 2021

During a quick stop at the retention pond along Green Pond Road, I found a juvenile Wilson’s Phalarope feeding among 22 Lesser Yellowlegs. Unfortunately, I only had my old binoculars in the car and wasn’t 100% sure of the ID using them, so I went home and got my gear and headed back out there. Luckily, the bird was still there and, after scoping it and getting some photos, I got the word out to some of the "locals". In the early evening, Adam Miller and Mike and Corrine Schall also saw the bird, which by that time had unfortunately flown to one of the other retention ponds that is not accessible by road. I managed to get some fairly good documentation photos of it despite the harsh sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment