Saturday, October 30, 2021

Laughing Gull and Greater White-fronted Goose in Northampton County ~ October 30, 2021

I had just left Green Pond, where I had a Snow Goose, Green-winged Teal, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Yellow-rumped Warblers, and a White-crowned Sparrow when I saw the text that Adam Miller had found a Laughing Gull at the Silver Crest Road retention pond! Last night's storm with easterly winds probably had a hand in this coastal bird showing up here in eastern PA. I had planned on going up there anyhow to see if I could find the Greater White-fronted Goose that Mike Schall saw there earlier in the day. I ended up seeing both birds and got some fairly decent photos of the gull. Unfortunately, it apparently has an injury at the wrist area of its left wing, which is visible in the photos. The body is also apparently blood-stained at the spot where the folded wing would rest.

More photos of it and a distant one of the Greater White-fronted Goose are on my eBird checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment