Wednesday, October 20, 2021

A Stilt and a Pectoral Sandpiper ~ October 20, 2021

Late on the 19th, Bill Etter found a Stilt Sandpiper at the West Gremar Road retention pond. Unable to get over there to see it on Tuesday, I was glad to see that it was still there when I stopped late Wednesday morning on the way to my daughter's place. I got some fairly decent photos of it.

In the late afternoon, I stopped again on the way home and the Stilt Sandpiper wasn't there, but a Pectoral Sandpiper was. It, too, cooperated for photos.

Another surprise was the arrival of about 200 Tree Swallows that descended on the pond and swirled around like a small tornado as they fed on the surface. I tried to get some photos of a portion of the masses but it had to be seen to be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment