Monday, March 18, 2024

Green Pond and the Bethlehem Boat Club Area ~ March 18, 2024

I stopped at Green Pond and found 4 American Black Ducks, 3 Hooded Mergansers, a Gadwall, and 4 Killdeer.

My other stop was at the Bethlehem Boat Club area. I walked about a half-mile east on the trail and back and saw almost nothing. When I got back to the car, I walked over to the Boat Club entrance gate and 'spished' a little. That's when a loose group of small birds flew up out of the underbrush towards me. I worked through them and ended up counting an impressive total of 13 Yellow-rumped Warblers! I got a photo of this one after it grabbed a tick.

I was surprised to see so many together this early in the year. I can only assume that the unusually warm weather of last week might have pushed them northward earlier than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment