Saturday, March 23, 2024

Birding Right After the Rain ~ March 23, 2024

As soon as the rain wound down, I drove up to the Nazareth Quarry. There, I found 52 Ruddy Ducks, 11 Buffleheads, 22 American Coots, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, an Osprey, and a Double-crested Cormorant.
I headed towards Bath, stopped at the Silver Crest Road pond, and saw 7 Ruddy Ducks and 5 Ring-necked Ducks.
Nearby at the Regency Boulevard ponds, there were 22 Buffleheads, 14 Ring-necked Ducks, 3 Killdeer, and 4 Eastern Bluebirds at the north pond.

I didn't get to Green Pond until around sunset. There were 5 Snow Geese at the flooded field area, a Common Merganser on Green Pond, and a Blue-winged Teal in the little pond next to the house on the corner. I took photos of the teal, but it was near dusk, so all of the photos came out blurry. This was the best one of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment