Monday, July 25, 2022

Another Regency Boulevard Check ~ July 25, 2022

I drove by the Green Pond complex on the way to the Regency Boulevard ponds and found a Great Egret in the back pond by the new houses. The only way to see the bird was to view it long distance from the parking area at the Farmersville Road retention pond.
In addition to the continuing birds (the Hooded Merganser, the male Ruddy Duck, the Pied-billed Grebe, and the female Blue-winged Teal), there were 2 Pectoral Sandpipers, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, and a Least Sandpiper.

I was surprised to see the Hooded Merganser in the north pond instead of the south one, which is where it had always been previously.

The rest of the aforementioned continuing birds all remained in the north pond.

I stopped at the Regency sales office and asked if I'd be able to do a bird walk there in the near future. They very nicely explained to me that, since it's eventually going to be a gated community, the only way a walk could be done is if the residents themselves decided that they'd like to have one done there. So, if any of the residents that visit my blog (I've met several of you) would like to do that, you will apparently have to try and get it approved through the activities director. I was told her name is Karen. And even then, it's not clear if any non-residents would be allowed to join. That's where it stands at this point.

The Great Egret was still at the same spot by Green Pond when I stopped on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment