Monday, June 6, 2022

Moore Township and Monroe County ~ June 6, 2022

I met Charlie Zafonte in Klecknersville, Northampton County, to see if we could find him some of the grassland birds. We stopped at Graver's Hill and quickly found a few Horned Larks, a Grasshopper Sparrow, a Savannah Sparrow, and a displaying Wild Turkey. Next, we slowly drove down nearby Schlegel Road, where we got brief looks at Vesper Sparrow and Horned Larks, including a juvenile that I got a pretty good photo of.
After that, we watched a Red-headed Woodpecker check out some tree trunks along E. Best Road.
On the way home, I took a slight detour to the Regency Boulevard retention ponds to see if the male Ruddy Duck was still there. It only took a short while to find it and get a half-decent photo of it.
Later in the day, my plan was to drive up into Tunkhannock Township, Monroe County, to see if I could get a photo of an Eastern Whip-poor-will. Although I heard at least ten birds, I wasn't able to get an identifiable photo, only badly blurred ones. The highlight was watching a Porcupine crossing the road. I quickly snapped a couple photos in the poor light, which unfortunately were also blurred but good enough to realize what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment