Thursday, June 30, 2022

Blue-winged Teal Added to Regency Ponds Attractions ~ June 30, 2022

On my way to my daughter's place, I stopped at the Regency Boulevard retention ponds to see if the two Ruddy Ducks were still there. I immediately found the two of them together on the north pond.
The Pied-billed Grebe was also present in the small cove of the same pond.

I scoped the rest of the pond and was surprised to see a male Blue-winged Teal at the far end. I managed to get some distant and backlit photos of it for documentation.

An American Goldfinch perched among the wildflowers on the bank of the pond while a good number of Killdeer worked the shoreline.
These ponds are large enough that I think they have some real potential to attract more interesting birds in the future. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment