Monday, April 25, 2022

Sandhill Crane at Green Pond ~ April 25, 2022

Joe Zajacek scored again when he found a Sandhill Crane in the flooded field by Green Pond this morning. I was heading over there anyway, so it was good timing for a change. The bird was still there when I arrived.
My check of the flooded field on the north side of Green Pond Road only yielded a solitary Solitary Sandpiper. When I turned around, the crane was gone. Jeff Kaboly was there, too, and told me that the crane took off and headed south. Birds around the edge of Green Pond itself included Great Blue and Green Heron, Chimney Swift, Northern Rough-winged and Barn Swallow, and Palm, Yellow, and Yellow-rumped Warbler.

A Broad-winged Hawk flew in and circled over the pond in the gray skies as did an Osprey and two Cooper's Hawks.
A Red Fox was 'chilling out' in the grass on the north side of the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment