Saturday, December 10, 2022

Snow Geese and the Barnacle Goose ~ December 10, 2022

I stopped at the Nazareth Quarry and found an estimated 12,000 Snow Geese there. Also there were a Pied-billed Grebe, 3 American Coots, 19 Ruddy Ducks, 4 Buffleheads, and 6 American Black Ducks.
I then drove up to the Albert Road ponds. Rick Wiltraut just happened to show up at the same time. We walked up to the private north pond where the Barnacle Goose had most often been seen since its discovery on the 4th. I scoped the pond and soon after found it in among a small group of Ring-necked Ducks and the Canadas. Since the bird was pretty distant and it was late in the day, I figured I'd have a poor chance to get any better photos than I had before, so I just enjoyed watching it through my scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment