Sunday, December 4, 2022

Regency Ponds and the Nazareth Quarry ~ December 4, 2022

In the early afternoon, I took a drive over to the Regency Boulevard retention ponds to check on the waterfowl there. I found four Snow Geese (two of them the darker form known as "Blue" Geese) among a few hundred Canada Geese, but other than a couple Mallards, the only duck there was a male Bufflehead in the north pond.

I then stopped at the Nazareth Quarry to see how many Snow Geese might be there. I found around 3000 in the near (western) end of the quarry with about 6000 Canada Geese spread throughout the rest of it. Next to the group of Snows were a group of gulls comprised of roughly 90 Lesser Black-backeds and 30 Herring Gulls. Scoping through the trees, I was able to pick out two first-winter Iceland Gulls. I managed to get a few very long-distance documentation photos of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment