Thursday, January 18, 2024

Martins Creek Nature Trail and Preserve ~ January 18, 2024

I made a run down the Delaware River from Portland south to Martins Creek. The view from the Portland footbridge only yielded 4 Common Mergansers. I saw a few more Common Mergansers between Portland and Martins Creek.

I walked the Martins Creek Nature Trail over to the river. Along the trail, I found a Red-shouldered Hawk, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, a Pileated Woodpecker, 2 Common Ravens, 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets, 3 Eastern Bluebirds, a Hermit Thrush, 8 American Goldfinches, and a Yellow-rumped Warbler among others. Along the river, I spotted 27 Common Goldeneye actively diving near the rapids.

At the Martins Creek Environmental Preserve, I saw 11 Common Mergansers, 4 Gadwall, and a bird that was a good candidate for a Greater Scaup.

Also seen in the area were 2 Savannah Sparrows and a White-crowned Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment