Thursday, June 5, 2008

Black-crowned Night-Heron and Short-billed Dowitchers at Green Pond ~ June 4, 2008

I made a very early morning stop at Green Pond and found an adult Black-crowned Night-Heron, the first adult that I've ever seen here.
Black-crowned Night-Heron at Green Pond in Northampton County. This photo was taken at dawn, hence very little light.


After the Black-crowned slipped back into the woods, I checked out the flooded fields. There, I found two Short-billed Dowitchers. These two photos were all I could get before having to head off to work.


Short-billed Dowitcher at the flooded field next to Green Pond in Northampton County. Thanks to someone walking behind the flooded area looking for arrowheads, the birds came much closer to me, allowing me to get this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment